Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Recap (Part II)

Christmas has came and past at the Akins House! I wasted no time taking down my tree and Christmas decorations. My house is back to normal, with special help from Mom & David. Madison is still looking for Christmas lights on the staircase when we go upstairs! I'm pretty sure she is not happy with me for taking them down so quickly. Oh well!! We had a GREAT Christmas, and my house is now stocked with new toys and clothes. ** A special thanks to all of you who got her toys that make alot of noise!! (I will remember that) **

Our first party on Christmas Eve was at Memaw's. After I got off work, Madison and I left Collierville and headed to Southaven. Everyone was there, and we were all thankful to see Memaw in such better health after her recent hospital stay. Sometimes, we all get wrapped up in the gifts and presents during the holidays, and forget to just take time to thank God for our health and being with our family. We truely take that for granted!! We had a huge meal, and everything was delicious as always! We exchanged gifts, and man did Madison and Sara Reye rack up. Madison got alot of new toys, and some cute clothes. She has been wagging around her Dora phone for the past two days! Nancy monogrammed her a really cute garment bag, and also her favorite gift was from Memaw, a soft pink blanket (which Madison carried around, and has been sleeping with). All in All, we had a great party, but Madison started to wear down around 6pm, and became a fussy lil' girl. She had had enough fun, and started grabbing me by the hand and walking to the door, and saying "Bye, Bye!!" (or more like, screaming Bye-Bye!). So I took that as my cue to head to Collierville.

From Memaw's, we headed to Mimi's for more food and family. Uncle Reese was in town, and he wore Madison down the rest of the way. We ate again, and watched some old family videos of Reese and Scarlet. Safe to say, I have tons of new ammo to use on Reese whenever needed!! His Pretty Woman inpersonation will be stored in my memory for a long time....Well done, Reese!! (Work it......) Madison crashed hard, and for the first time I got to play the role of Santa!!! I really enjoyed putting all of Madison's stuff together with Mimi. I know Scarlet would have really enjoyed doing this for Madison too! She was such a fan of Santa and Christmas, and I know she was smiling when she watched Mimi and I get everything ready for Gracie. It was quite the task!! :)

Well, Christmas morning came, and Madison was up bright and early. We all got our Camera's ready, as she decended the stairs and saw all the new stuff in the living room. She really didn't know what to think at first, but then began to explore. She went from toy to toy, and was really making sure that Mimi and I approved of everything as well. She got sooooo much stuff and should be entertained for a few weeks anyway. I would list everything, but you can check it out in the pics below. We all exchanged gifts in the living room, and then followed that with a delicious Christmas breakfast thanks to Mimi and Nana Bledsoe. Yummy!!

After breakfast, everyone went their own ways, and it was nap time! Madison crashed for a long nap, after playing so hard that morning. You could tell she was exhausted! We met up again at 3pm at Leigh Leigh's, for Spaghetti and Meatballs and other appetizers. Madison got a new rocking unicorn from Steve and Vic, and also several other "noisy" toys! I decided she could keep those at their house.

We finally made it home around 5:30, and we unloaded the car, and took a sigh of relief that all the parties were finally over. I feel like we have took the tour of Memphis and North Mississippi in the past 5 days. I am extremely grateful for all we received, but am also glad to see it over with too!! Grandy and Pop arrived around 5:30 and helped me take down all my decorations, and get my house back to normal. Madison got to show them all her new toys, and they of course enjoyed this. Around 7:30 she crashed, and I got no resistance from her as I laid her down to sleep. She told me "Night Night", and she found her thumb, and off to sleep she went. Sleep tight Gracie!

Well, that is all I have for you. Enjoy the pics below, and I hope it lets you see how WONDERFUL of a Christmas we both had.

Jody and Madison

Madison showing off her new "crocs"

Madison visiting mommy, and pointing at her pic :)

She had to smell the tree!!

She was showing Daddy her new gloves and hat!

She loves her Mimi!

Hey, there's Rudolph!!

Pretty girl!!

Just hanging out on the stairs!

Madison and her crazy hair

1 comment:

Melanie A said...

So great to see you guys had such a wonderful and eventful Christmas holiday. Looks like Madison had a great time. I know Scarlet is looking down on you guys and is so happy to see how everyone has banded together to give her such a happy life. Hope 2008 is a happy, healthy year for you all.