Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Car-Car!!

Well yesterday was pretty bittersweet! I will never forget the feeling I had on 8/4/06 @ 7:45am at Germantown Methodist. It is one that I do not wish on anyone, and one that I sometimes wish I could get out of my mind at times. That is when my wife, my best friend, and mother to my baby girl left this world. I remember the feeling of complete emptiness, and how I could not believe God was taking Scarlet from Madison and I. I had issues for awhile wondering how a loving and caring God could cause so much pain for one family!! Why could he not just heal her??? In time that feeling of resentment went away, and I realized that God knows all, and his plan is greater than we realize. That is hard to swallow because we lost Scarlet here on earth, however God had a greater plan for her! She is now free of her deadly cancer, and is thankfully in no more pain. Those who were around Scarlet the last few months could see the pain she was in, and how it was just eating away at her. That tore me up more than anything! I was suppose to be the one who took care of her, who comforted her, and who made her feel better. However, I couldn't do anything to stop this aggressive cancer. For those who know me well, you know I am a control freak, and that one really threw me for a loop. The thought of her resting comfortably now (pain free), and watching over Madison and I on a daily basis, really makes me smile. We may have lost her here on Earth, but she is still around on a daily basis, and her memories will never fade!

I have now moved on to a new part of my life, but Scarlet will never go away. Memories of her, stories of her, will continue to be a part of my life whereever it may lead me. Madison Grace is a spitting image of Scarlet, and I know 100% where she gets all her wit and charm. We went to bed last night with an agenda this morning and boy did Madison make me stick to it! She woke up calling for Balloons, Birthday, Mommy, Get them, Sing....She knew what today was, and what our plans were.

Below are some pics from this morning, and a cute video as well! She wasn't super chatty this morning, but she gives "Mommy" a big kiss at the end of the video, and even gives some sound effects to let you here the "Muahhhhh!!".

In closing, I want to wish Scarlet a Happy 30th Birthday! She was fantastic, and know if she was here today we would be having one heck of a Birthday Party tonight!!

Love Always....Jody


On the way to see Scarlet this Morning!!



Of Course, Madison had to carry the balloons



Madison didn't quite want to leave the balloon!



She always, always goes and points to Scarlet right when we get there!


RIP Car-Car!!

Madison getting ready to let the balloon go!!


She called the Grave area, "Mommy's Yard"


Hope you get this Scarlet!! Lots of Love...JA & MGA




Great Video of Madison this morning (8/5/08)

6 comments:

KimmieB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KimmieB said...

Happy 30th birthday Scarlet. I can imagine how much fun we would have on your birthday tonight...pink balloons, pink cake and a whole batch of cookies to enjoy! (We would have to hide them from JA of course so that he wouldn't eat all of them. He is a cookie monster after all).

I know you are looking down today smiling at everyone and are so proud of your daugther. MGA is such a doll and Carrie and I wish you were here for our Diva Nights! Everyone misses and loves you.

tricia said...

I am so so sad that Madison has to grow up without her Mommy. You are doing a great job raising her Jody. I pray for both of you to find peace.Thank you for the video

Unknown said...

Great video Jody. My personal favorite part is when you point to Col Reb, ask who that is, and Madison says "Hotty Toddy"...Cheryl I am trusting that you will never let Jody and Harold sway Madison to the dark 'maroon' side.

Carrie Dawkins said...

Wow.. JA.. You sure know how to make me cry like a baby.. I miss her so much.. I am so blessed you allow Chris and I to have so much time with Madison Grace.. We love ya'll so very much.

Kim Romero said...

OMG Jody! That is the cutest video. You are such a wonderful dad. Madison is such a precious little girl...and you have done such a great job raising her. I know Scarlet is so proud. Love ya'll.